Region :- Uttrakhand
Duration :- 7 Days
Grade :- Moderate To Difficult
Max Altitude :- 15,500 Ft.
Approx Trekking Km :- 37 Kms.
If watching mountains directly wasn’t the thrill, capturing them in the reflection of a lake is a definite thrill. Kedartal is emerald lake that manifests the flawless reflection of Thalaysagar peak. After Shivling peak, Thalaysagar is considered as the most beautiful peak. The surprising fact is both of them lie in the Gangotri range. And after Gomukh Tapovan this is the second trek heading from Gangotri. Therefore it is no behind in enticing views.
Lying at 15,485 ft Kedartal is one of the most astounding glacial lakes in the world. It is fed by the melting snow of Thalaysagar and Brighupanth peak. This lake is the best place to witness the magnificence of huge peaks from the closest. The peaks like Manda, Bhagirathi, Gangotri, Bhrigupanth, Mt. Meru and Thalaysagar. In the barren lands of the higher Himalayas, the lake fits perfect in the landscape. It is like a blooming lotus in the mud! Except the mud here is rising black-white mountains.
This trek is considered difficult due to the presence of rocky path right from day 1. The path is steep, filled with scree, dust and boulders. In fact, the first day of the trekking goes through a thin ledge on 60 degrees rock face. And the complexity keeps increasing. Until the final steep summit ridge. The trail also goes through vibrant blossoms and lush meadows. With a few stream crossing over Kedar Ganga, the trail has it all.
If you are an experienced trekker and willing to go an exceptional adventure. Then Kedartal trek is waiting for you!
Why Choose Us
- Learning Experience: We do not just focus on completing the trek but also help you develop basic trekking skills like:
- Packing a rucksack
- Morning Yoga & Evening stretching
- How to pitch and dismantle a camping tent and properly use a sleeping bag
- Ascend and Descend on a mountain trail
- How to ensure camp safety and hygiene
- Identify trail signs and signals
- Loyalty Programs: Join Rockkers Adventures community and enjoy benefits of our vouchers and referral programs.
- Personalized attention: We have small batch size (max. 15) and we maintain a healthy ratio of 8:1 (Participants: Leader) on all our batches to enable individual focus and monitoring.
- Best Expedition Leaders: Our leaders are advanced mountaineering course qualified, specially trained in rescue procedures from NIM and certified first-aid responders. Even our local guides are certified first-aid responders.
- Safety norms: We have mapped every region with an emergency evacuation plan and safety protocols maintaining a zero accident record so far. We carry an extensive first-aid kit including oxygen cylinders and high altitude medicines.
- Safety equipment: Our trek leaders carry UIAA certified rescue equipment like static rope, ice ax, harness, carabiners, jumar, pulley, short and long slings.