Kedarkantha Peak Trek is one of the most beautiful trek in India which is located with Govind wildlife sanctuary in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand at the altitude of 12,500ft. The kedarkantha Peak Trek starts from the village named Sankri. from the kedarkantha summit one can see 13 peaks of the Himalayan range and can spend some time staring at the mesmerizing beauty of mountains. Kedarkantha Peak Trek is close to the famous trek of Har ki dun valley. This thrilling and adventurous trek is perfect for nature lovers. In this trek one can witness Ancient villages vast stretches of meadows, snow paths and beautiful view of Himalayas. This beautiful trek will take you to some unexplored places with best views where you will come across to see beautiful sights with snow-capped mountains, valley and frozen ponds.
The grade of Kedarkantha Peak Trek is easy to moderate and it is ideal for all. It can be done by experienced as well as beginners. Kedarkantha Peak Trek can be conducted around the year but the mesmerizing views in winter (dec-april) cannot be compared with summer times. Snow covered path, trees, mountains make this trek more beautiful that’s why this is popular winter trek amongst the trekkers. The beautiful campsite makes this trek more popular from where one can view the beautiful sunset. From the summit we can view swargrohini, black peak, Bandarpoonch, among the Gangotri and yamunotri ranges which is jaw dropping.
Why choose us
Trekkers’ safety and comfort are of the utmost priority to us at Rockkers Adventures. This is reflected in conduct of our treks, through our courteous and experienced staff, our equipment standards, hygiene, and respect for the nature and outdoors. We equally value the fragile nature of biodiversity and thus indulge in organizing minimum impact treks, while ensuring an authentic and complete experience for our trekkers.
- Our Equipment: We use 4 season tents on all our treks to ensure an added layer of safety. We have high quality tents from premier mountaineering equipment companies such as Simonds, Vingo and Alps Mountaineering.
- Our Sleeping bags are high altitude ready and ensure comfort during cold weather. We take into account hygiene and thus ensure the cleanliness of our sleeping bags.
- Our Conduct: Our guides are experienced in the outdoors and always put guest safety first, even if that means making tough decisions.
- We emphasize on localization as being integral to sustainable growth and thus try to the extent possible to use local food products, which in turn provides trekkers an added experience of getting familiar with local cuisine and culture.
- At Rockkers Adventures we employ locals while organizing treks, and support their training from institutions such as Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, thus contributing towards rural development through empowering local people.
- Rockkers Adventures never indulges in setting up of fixed camps which work as achilleas heel for the fragile environs of meadows. We urge trekkers to trek responsibly and always raise these concerns with their organizers.