Region :- Uttarakhand
Duration :- 5 Night 6 Days
Grade :- Easy To Moderate
Max Altitude :- 12,100 Ft.
Approx Trekking Km :- 9 Km
The pasture uplands of Uttarakhand’s alpine heights are focal points for many of our splendid treks in the region. These are the Bugyals—fecund grassy uplands secreted away in mountain laps where shepherds take their herds in summer days before the winter snow renders them fallow. Dayara is a relatively lesser known Bugyal, accessible from Uttarkashi by just a short, crisp trek but it is one that pays off magnificent rewards. Dayara in the local tongue refers to a circular plot of land, reflecting the hoop shaped grassy turf of this Bugyal, margined by dark oak and maple woods and beyond the green reaches, a glowing snowline of the Bandarpoonch and other ranges. A rambling walk through the undulated pastures of Dayara will bring you out of the world frames of its green ecosystem, the whispering wilderness of the oak woods, and somewhere far away, a breathless peak view panorama gradually unveiling. Along the entire stretch, at different junctures, you can catch glimpses of the Gangotri set of peaks, Srikanth peak, Bandarpoonch, and Black Peak.
Another high point of the journey comes on the fourth day when we are ascending to 12, 100 ft. from our Dayara campsite to Dayara Top. A ridge walk takes you to convergences of many adjoining meadows including the Giddara Bugyal. You will also find a descent trail to Dodital- a fresh water lake which is the origin of Assi Ganga. The summer meadows are infused on this stretch with a spray of wildflowers, all yellow. On all of this paradisiacal effervescence, the snow thatched Bandarpoonch will cast an iridescent impression. The walk ambles down from here to Barsu, a pretty settlement memorable for its silkenly flowing buckwheat fields and poppy beds and a warm shelter at the end of the trek. Before reaching the village, we make a last stop at Barnala, a small crystal waterhole flanked by a temple of the Nag Devata.
Dayara Bugyal trek is an excellent choice for beginners, makes for a phantasmagorical photo-op, and an absolute delight for naturalists.
Why Choose Us
- Learning Experience: We do not just focus on completing the trek but also help you develop basic trekking skills like:
- Packing a rucksack
- Morning Yoga & Evening stretching
- How to pitch and dismantle a camping tent and properly use a sleeping bag
- Ascend and Descend on a mountain trail
- How to ensure camp safety and hygiene
- Identify trail signs and signals
- Loyalty Programs: Join Rockkers Adventures community and enjoy benefits of our vouchers and referral programs.
- Personalized attention: We have small batch size (max. 15) and we maintain a healthy ratio of 8:1 (Participants: Leader) on all our batches to enable individual focus and monitoring.
- Best Expedition Leaders: Our leaders are advanced mountaineering course qualified, specially trained in rescue procedures from NIM and certified first-aid responders. Even our local guides are certified first-aid responders.
- Safety norms: We have mapped every region with an emergency evacuation plan and safety protocols maintaining a zero accident record so far. We carry an extensive first-aid kit including oxygen cylinders and high altitude medicines.
- Safety equipment: Our trek leaders carry UIAA certified rescue equipment like static rope, ice ax, harness, carabiners, jumar, pulley, short and long slings.