Chopta is one of the popular tourist town in garhwal region of Uttarakhand which is the last road head for the trek to tungnath and chandrashila peak. The distance of Chopta is 210km From Rishikesh which takes around 7 to 9 hrs to reach there. The village named sari is the base camp for the trek from which one can easily connect to deoriatal. Deoriatal is the most visited lake with eyecatchy sights and mindblowing sunrise and sunset located at the height of about 2400m.
Chopta to Tungnath is a short trek with lots of beautiful views, scenery & vivacious patches of pine and oaks. It takes around 3hrs for average person to reach there. The holy tungnath temple is located at 3400m above the sea level. It is one of the highest Shiva temples in the world. This trek is classified as a fairly easy trek in difficulty level and ideal for beginners & children.
The Chandrashila trek will also be happening on same day which take one hour from tungnath. This peak is located at the height of 3600m. To explore more one can visit kedar peak chaukhamba and some other peak which is closer to chandrashila peak. These trek are the right space to experience peace and practice meditation. The beautiful sights scenery, peaks, valley with vast forest range helps to take out your all stress out and to get inner peace. Many people spot rare birds and wild species while crossing the vast forest greenry.
The most preferable time to visit this place by visitor is spring and summer because of its myriad collection of pictorial sights. During winter all the appealing views are covered with thick layer of snow but the snow covered mountain has its own beauty.
Why choose us
Trekkers’ safety and comfort are of the utmost priority to us at Rockkers Adventures. This is reflected in conduct of our treks, through our courteous and experienced staff, our equipment standards, hygiene, and respect for the nature and outdoors. We equally value the fragile nature of biodiversity and thus indulge in organizing minimum impact treks, while ensuring an authentic and complete experience for our trekkers.
- Our Equipment: We use 4 season tents on all our treks to ensure an added layer of safety. We have high quality tents from premier mountaineering equipment companies such as Simonds, Vingo and Alps Mountaineering.
- Our Sleeping bags are high altitude ready and ensure comfort during cold weather. We take into account hygiene and thus ensure the cleanliness of our sleeping bags.
- Our Conduct: Our guides are experienced in the outdoors and always put guest safety first, even if that means making tough decisions.
- We emphasize on localization as being integral to sustainable growth and thus try to the extent possible to use local food products, which in turn provides trekkers an added experience of getting familiar with local cuisine and culture.
- At Rockkers Adventures we employ locals while organizing treks, and support their training from institutions such as Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, thus contributing towards rural development through empowering local people.
- Rockkers Adventures never indulges in setting up of fixed camps which work as achilleas heel for the fragile environs of meadows. We urge trekkers to trek responsibly and always raise these concerns with their organizers.