Region :- Himachal Pradesh
Duration :- 4 Nights / 5 Days
Grade :- Easy to Moderate
Max Altitude :- 11,970 ft.
About the Chanderkhani Pass Trek:
This breathtaking Chanderkhani Pass trek encompasses a plethora of jaw-dropping sights alongside the gorgeous environs of Himachal Pradesh. This trekking package in India begins at Naggar and after crossing the Chanderkhani Pass at 3600m, the trail heads to the Malana village, famous for its distinct and very reserved social culture.
This trek is laden with a bunch of beautiful alpine pastures offering gorgeous views of some of the highest snow-covered mountain peaks and open valleys. The trail requires walking through the blue Pine and Deodar, walnut, golden Oak and Wild Cherry. The remarkable sight from the pass is magnified by the Bara Bangal range towering high in the west while the Pir Panjal ranges fall in the north and Parvati in the east. A typical trek up in the hills of Himachal Pradesh, Chanderkhani Pass is one those Himachal trekking packages that is ideal for all trekking enthusiasts and nature lovers.
About the Destination:
Reigning at a staggering altitude of 3,660 meters above sea level, Chanderkhani Pass is cradled in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh. The Chanderkhani Pass Trek is ideal for a beginner and falls into the ‘easy’ category. The trail is lined with dense forests of deodar, blue pine, walnut, wild berry and golden oak, and carries you through scenic alpine pastures. Mesmerising vistas of Himalayan neighbours like Deo Tibba, and ranges of Pir Panjal, Parbati and Bara Bhangal greet you in all their snowclad glory.
Posing as a scenic bridge between the valleys of Kullu and Parvati, Chanderkhani Pass guarantees to put you in a Himalayan daze with the blanketing beauty. Originally, this route was the only way to reach Malana village before a proper road was laden. The trek begins from Rumsu in the village of Naggar and carries a beautiful backdrop of the Kullu Valley. The Pass Base Camp Nauya Tapru can be reached by trekking through dense alpine forests carpeted with brilliant flora and foliage. Reaching the actual Pass requires treading through snow laden trails that seem like something out of a fairytale!
Chanderkhani Pass is a window to some of the largest Himalayan behemoths which chaperone your journey. It treats you with sweeping meadows unfurling against the canvas of majestic Himalayan peaks. The grandeur of the fencing beauty captivates your senses throughout the trek. One of the best treks in Himachal Pradesh for beginners, Chanderkhani Pass is essentially an archetype of Himalayan trekking, though every trek is unique in its own way. Besides the natural beauty that the journey envelops, it exposes trekkers to the unique culture of Himalayan villages. If you’re craving for a Himalayan adventure, but have only a handful of days to spare, head to the Chanderkhani Pass without hesitation.
Why Choose Us
- Learning Experience: We do not just focus on completing the trek but also help you develop basic trekking skills like:
- Packing a rucksack
- Morning Yoga & Evening stretching
- How to pitch and dismantle a camping tent and properly use a sleeping bag
- Ascend and Descend on a mountain trail
- How to ensure camp safety and hygiene
- Identify trail signs and signals
- Loyalty Programs: Join Rockkers Adventures community and enjoy benefits of our vouchers and referral programs.
- Personalized attention: We have small batch size (max. 15) and we maintain a healthy ratio of 8:1 (Participants: Leader) on all our batches to enable individual focus and monitoring.
- Best Expedition Leaders: Our leaders are advanced mountaineering course qualified, specially trained in rescue procedures from NIM and certified first-aid responders. Even our local guides are certified first-aid responders.
- Safety norms: We have mapped every region with an emergency evacuation plan and safety protocols maintaining a zero accident record so far. We carry an extensive first-aid kit including oxygen cylinders and high altitude medicines.
- Safety equipment: Our trek leaders carry UIAA certified rescue equipment like static rope, ice ax, harness, carabiners, jumar, pulley, short and long slings.