Region :- Leh, Ladakh, J & K
Duration :- 8 Days
Grade :- Difficult
Max Altitude :- 11,100 Ft.
Approx Trekking Km :- 62 Kms.
The chadar trek or the Zanskar George is situated in the region of Ladakh in the Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir. This is one of the popular winter trek of Ladakh. It is also known as Frozen river trek. This trek is one of the most unique and challenging trek in India. Chadar trek is known as one of the most difficult treks in the world.
Once this trek was considered to be a very challenging trek and only meant for experienced trekkers but now a days it can be done also by the beginners with precaution and adequate preparation. This chadar trek is popular not only in India but also all over the world. The snow clad mountains, frozen river attract trekkers from different corners of the world to visit there. Due to the t5hick blanket of the snow it is considered as one of the tricky and challenging treks in the world. The frozen Zanskar river is a connecting link between the village of Zanskar valley and Ladakh. In this route you will pass through the deep valley, frozen river & huge mountains. These are the elements which makes chadar trek must to visit in the list of avid travellers. From the summit you will witness the breathtaking view which will make you feel to stop the time at that moment.
Why Choose Us
- Learning Experience: We do not just focus on completing the trek but also help you develop basic trekking skills like:
- Packing a rucksack
- Morning Yoga & Evening stretching
- How to pitch and dismantle a camping tent and properly use a sleeping bag
- Ascend and Descend on a mountain trail
- How to ensure camp safety and hygiene
- Identify trail signs and signals
- Loyalty Programs: Join Rockkers Adventures community and enjoy benefits of our vouchers and referral programs.
- Personalized attention: We have small batch size (max. 15) and we maintain a healthy ratio of 8:1 (Participants: Leader) on all our batches to enable individual focus and monitoring.
- Best Expedition Leaders: Our leaders are advanced mountaineering course qualified, specially trained in rescue procedures from NIM and certified first-aid responders. Even our local guides are certified first-aid responders.
- Safety norms: We have mapped every region with an emergency evacuation plan and safety protocols maintaining a zero accident record so far. We carry an extensive first-aid kit including oxygen cylinders and high altitude medicines.
- Safety equipment: Our trek leaders carry UIAA certified rescue equipment like static rope, ice ax, harness, carabiners, jumar, pulley, short and long slings.